Fresh produce tends to deteriorate quickly: low humidity causes it to lose a lot of moisture.
Dry Misting technology developed by Contronics will help you counteract this effect. As the mist evaporates, the humidity rises and the temperature drops naturally.Your produce will retain its freshness, colour and nutrients for a significantly longer time!
Besides an increase in quality and weight, Dry Misting technology offers additional advantages, such as:
- Less spoilage so more to sell
- Mist eliminates the need for packaging
- Our systems contribute to sustainability by reducing waste, energy consumption and CO2
Consumers judge fish based on its visual appearance. That is why it is essential for your products to look fresh and of high quality at all times. One obstacle to achieving this is the need for refrigeration which draws moisture from your products, causing the fish fillets to lose weight and be often hidden under a layer of ice. Additionally, colors may shift and oxidation may occur so that the fish appears less fresh.
In addition to longer shelf life and improved freshness, Dry Misting technology offers additional advantages, such as:
- Reduced waste by no longer having to cut off unappealing parts of the fish
- Better weight retention
- No condensation on the fish, making Dry Misting very suitable for fillets
- The natural cooling effect helps you save on energy
- Scares off flying insects and cuts back on unpleasant smells